Most moms desire a sense of security and safety at home, making a security camera the perfect choice. Not only can it help prevent theft by monitoring any unusual activity, but it can also be used to keep an eye on elderly or vulnerable family members.
In this blog, we will introduce you some gift ideas for your mom in mothers' day!
Gift ideas: help make mom feel safer at home?
Here are some other gift ideas to help make your mom safer at home:
- Smart doorbell: A smart doorbell with a camera, like Ring Doorbell or Nest Hello, allows your mom to see and talk to anyone at her door on her phone or other device. This helps prevent unwanted visitors or intruders.
- Smart lock: A smart lock, like an August Smart Lock or Yale Assure Lock, makes it easy for your mom to lock and unlock doors without keys. Smart locks enable her to control access for family and friends and monitor the status of doors in an emergency.
- Security lighting: Motion-activated security lights or smart floodlights that turn on when motion is detected provide additional protection outside the home during the night or when your mom arrives home.
- Medical alert device: For moms living alone, a medical alert system provides emergency monitoring and ability to call for help 24/7 in case of a fall or medical emergency. Popular options include Life Alert, Bay Alarm Medical and Medical Guardian.
- Smoke/CO detectors: Installing smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers provides an early warning system and first response in case of household emergencies like fires or gas leaks. Smart detectors can even send alerts to your mom's phone.
- Smart thermostat: A smart thermostat allows your mom to remotely adjust the temperature in her home for safety and comfort. Options like Nest Thermostat or Ecobee Smart Thermostat also monitor HVAC functionality to ensure all is working properly and also save energy.
- Voice assistant: Devices like Amazon Echo Show or Google Nest Hub provide hands-free help and functionality. Your mom can use voice commands to control smart home devices, set timers, listen to music, manage grocery lists and more. Voice assistants also allow your mom to call for emergency help if needed.
- Panic button: A dedicated panic button or personal alarm allows your mom to call for emergency help with the press of a button. Most medical alert services offer emergency alert pendants or wristbands your mom can wear in case she needs to call for first responders.
- Door/window sensors: Smart sensors that attach to doors and windows will trigger an alert if they are opened unexpectedly. These types of sensors help monitor for any unauthorized access to your mom's home. Popular in many home security and smart home bundles.
- Security camera: Sure a good choice for your lonely mom! Check security camera for your mom in details.
Hope this gives you some helpful gift ideas to keep your mom safe, secure and independent in her own home! Let me know if you have any other questions.
While things like security cameras, smart lighting and thermostats can also provide benefits, the above solutions specifically target health emergencies, security concerns, connectivity and fire safety for mothers living solo.
Giving your mom the tools to call for help in any situation can provide comfort regardless of whether you live across the street or across the country from each other. The gift of security and safety is one of the best things you can give to a parent who lives alone at home.
Which of these gift ideas is the most practical for a mom living alone?
We are aware of various gift ideas that enhance home security, but which ones are particularly suitable for single mothers?
For mothers who live alone, every child worries about their safety. That's why we have other home security gifts that can make your mother feel safer even when you're not around. For a mom living alone, in Noorio's opinion, the most practical gift ideas would be:
- A medical alert device. This is especially important for aging mothers or those with health concerns. A medical alert system provides emergency monitoring and a direct line to call for help in the event of a fall or medical emergency. It can give you peace of mind that your mom has quick access to emergency assistance if she needs it, even when you can't be there.
- A smart doorbell or smart lock. These smart home devices make it easy for your mom to see who's at the door before answering and ensure the doors are locked, while still making it convenient to let family in with digital keys or access codes. They provide an added layer of security for mothers living alone.
- Voice assistant. A device like the Echo Show or Nest Hub provides a simple way for your mom to connect with emergency help if needed, control smart home devices, set reminders and manage daily tasks hands-free. The built-in camera also gives you the option to drop in for a quick chat or virtual visit with your mom wherever you are.
- Panic button or security alarm. Especially if your mom has any mobility or health issues, a panic button she can wear as a pendant or on her wrist provides a direct way to call for first responders in an emergency situation where she needs immediate assistance. Home security systems also provide 24/7 professional monitoring.
- Smart smoke/CO detectors. Even for those living alone, fire and CO safety is extremely important but often overlooked. Smart detectors that send alerts to your mom's phone provide an early warning system to escape danger and call the fire department if there are any household alarms.
While things like security cameras, smart lighting and thermostats can also provide benefits, the above solutions specifically target health emergencies, security concerns, connectivity and fire safety for mothers living solo. Giving your mom the tools to call for help in any situation can provide comfort regardless of whether you live across the street or across the country from each other. The gift of security and safety is one of the best things you can give a parent alone at home.
There are many options available, from smart doorbells and locks to medical alert systems and panic buttons. By choosing one of these options, you can help ensure your mother's safety and give her the gift of independence and comfort. Ultimately, the gift of security and safety is one of the best things you can give a parent who lives alone at home.